Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Don't Be Afraid Of A Strong Woman

"Here's to strong women, May we know them, May we be them, May we raise them."

What's it like being a strong woman?

Intimidating.

And what's worse is when you're 28 and have seen more trials than most 50 year olds and you still wear your crown straight, it's even more intimidating.

But why?

Doesn't everyone want a strong and independent woman?

My boss and I have this thing we always say... "I know what I bring to the table. So believe me when I say I'm not afraid to eat alone."

That statement comes off way more harsh than it sounds.

It just means I like to bring the bread to the table too. But it also means that if you don't like my bread then I'll eat it alone.

Strong women are rare.

Everyone wants to talk about being one but they're not.

And strong women aren't always strong.

We may have not started out that way.

Something could've happened that we had no choice to be strong and it just stuck.

And there's nothing wrong with not being a strong woman it's just being one has its challenges if you are one.

You run off friends.

You run off significant others.

It's a constant battle.

YOU SCARE THE SHIT OUTTA PEOPLE!!!!!!

I can constantly hear my mom in my head when I talk about being too strong for a man. I can here her saying "Lisset, if he's not strong enough then he's not the one."

And my Momma was always pretty much right.

But, sometimes someone is going through something that maybe they're not as strong as they normally are.

That's called timing. It's just off.

And that's okay.

We all have those times.

What I do know is that those strong, independent, have their shit together women.... they're the ones you don't need to let go of.

Here's the truth about strong women.

We don't NEED you.

We WANT YOU.

And to me that's the best kind.

It means instead of settling with that need, we made that choice.

A choice in you.

Now, don't think she's always going to be strong. Because she won't. There will be times of weakness. And that's when she is going to need you the most.

Maybe it's a bad day, or she had a bad dream. Maybe something reminded her of the awful thing in the past that made her this strong....

She will need you then. The one she chose.

So pick her up her on the bad, and ride with her during the good.

She might stay up all night under the stars talking about her dreams and goals, but also talk about her fears and nightmares.

SHE WANTS YOU THERE FOR BOTH.

Being with a strong woman is scary.

And I can't understand why.

If we are strong it means we're going to be strong for you too.

It means your bad dreams and your nightmares that we will be there to hold you.

It means that when you want to stay up all night and talking under the stars about what's on your mind... we will be there too.

Don't be afraid of her...The strong woman.

Man up.

Stand up.

Take her for what she is.

She will piss you off.

She will argue with you.

She will act like she doesn't need you. 

But she does. 

But she will be the hardest worker you've ever met.

She will take care of the kids on your long days of work.

She will clean the house and cook dinner as long as you promise to cook on the weekends too.

Because even though she is strong, she will still be soft.

She will let her guard down with you.

Not completely but it'll come down.

She will laugh and cry and be serious and do all of the things you want to do as long as you do them with her.

So don't be scared of her. 

"She is independent but that doesn't mean she doesn't want someone she can depend on." Pierre Jeanty


1 comment:

Chris Foy said...

Love it. Wish I wasn't so old.