Friday, April 28, 2017

Are You His Bootycall Or A Good Morning Text? 

Okay y'all. 

This is about to get so real. 

I'm sitting talking with a girlfriend of mine and she's talking about her new dating life. 

After 3 years of dating she's back in the game. 

She's learning really quickly how much it sucks. 

So we got to talking about dating and if it even exsits anymore?

Are you dating just to date or is it even going somewhere?

I think you get to a certain age where you realize if you're dating someone it's because you see a potential future with this person. 

That doesn't mean you're going to get married tomorrow but it just means hey I see a future here so I'm not talking to you and everyone else. 

It means don't say you have feelings for me, sleep with me then "not do relationships" and drop out. 

So I'm 28, and my dating life is pretty much non existent. 

This is what happens...

I meet someone, I like them, we go on a date, we talk morning noon and night, we have lots of fun together and then bam, you say I'm not right for you. 

Hmmmm. Okay. 

Or let's say someone is interested in me, they message me on some form of social media(because that's what we do nowadays) they ask to hang out, I do, and then they awkwardly hit on me the entire time insinuating they want sex. 

Okay let's be real clear here.... I'm not a piece of meat. 

I'm not just here for sex. 

I'm here because I want to see where this will go and straight to the bedroom isn't it. 

I have morals. 

I don't just show my body parts to anyone. 

So, if you're wanting to hang out....

Which side of the road are you on?

Are you incoming traffic or are you leaving? 

Because I need to know now. 

I get it, no one wants to be honest because that means being vulnerable and god forbid we actually have feelings but seriously, cut the shit. 

So here is the deal....and this goes out to both LADIES AND GENTLEMAN in the situation.... if you're not texting "Good Morning" or trying to go on a dinner date or to see a movie... stop wasting our time. 

I'm not the one you message late at night. 

I'm not the one you message after the bar when you're drunk.  

I'm the girl you want to cook breakfast for. 

I'm the girl you take around your family. 

I'm the girl you're proud to show off. 

And until you're ready for that... let's not waste our time here. 


Until next time...


Credits go to Kelsey Weingand for this post. 


No comments: