Monday, June 26, 2017

Embrace The Change

Growing up in a small town is easy.

You know everyone.

You can get everywhere within 5-10 minutes.

So when I graduated High Schiol and I moved to Bryan, TX I knew it would be an adjustment.

But I wasn't scared.

Bigger city.

But let's go.

I was back and forth on weekends when I was away at school.

But I adjusted well.

10 years later here I am, have made this place my home.

I purchased my first home.

I made life long friends.

I saw the sunrise and the sun go down in this city.

But I've known for a long time this place wouldn't be home.

I never quite felt it.

My friend and I were talking the other night about this place being a "black hole" and if you get to knowing the right(or wrong) people it can feel so much like you're sucked into this black hole.

I've always wanted to explore new cities, new experiences.

And I am not going to lie, when I went to Las Vegas it changed me.

I saw some things, experienced life.

Took in new air and saw life how it's meant to be... which is LIVED!

I fell in love in so many different ways. 

So, I decided.... it's time for a change.

I need to feel a new city.

To see new things.

Experience new life.

To embrace the change.

Life for me has been tough but I have still kept on smiling, kept on moving forward in my career, and kept on accomplishing my goals.

And now is the time...

So, I made the decision to move to Houston.

I applied for countless jobs and landed one I know I'm going to love. 

I'm a hard worker.

And I'm an awesome person.

And I am about to experience a new city and accomplish more goals.

So here's to embracing the change, to taking in a new city, to new life and to growing as a person...

Because like I've said before... NOW IS THE TIME.

Here's to my next adventure!!

No comments: