Sunday, June 4, 2017

Being Vulnerable

V.U.L.N.E.R.A.B.L.E


The things that word makes people do.

You see the problem is that no one wants to be vulnerable.

My friend Mandee posted this on her Facebook the other day, "I hate that society as a whole views emotion as a weakness. You have to be brave to be vulnerable. You have to be strong to be empathetic to others. You need to be diligent never give up on your loves ones. To me being emotional is by far my greatest strength."

I could not have said it any better.

Being vulnerable is showing emotion.

Showing emotion is courage.

The problem is that not every one deserves your vulnerability.

You see the problem is that we show emotion to those who are not respectful of our emotions.

Whether it be to a new guy/girl your interested in or a new friend you barely know.

Being vulnerable is being raw.

Being you.

And because some of us may have been screwed over in the past, we don't want to be vulnerable.

Trust me, I am the first person who doesn't want to show emotion.

Because to me showing emotion means letting you in.

And letting you in means giving you the opportunity to hurt me.

And I am just not down for that.

But, what I will say is that those of us who have been vulnerable and have been hurt,that doesn't give you the right to hurt others who are vulnerable to you.

We are all adults here and we are learning as we go...

But there's no need in hurting someone if someone else has hurt you.

Things eventually come back full circle and you will get hurt again if you do that.


You see, I'm not vulnerable.

Usually... I'm not.....

But, here lately, I've been a little more than usual.

I've said things like, "I miss you" or "I want to see you" and that alone is hard for me.

Because when I say that, will they say "I miss you too" or will they question if I miss them or not?

And then that'll just make me wish I never said it.

But sometimes you just have to lower your guard.

Because sometimes someone else is willing to help you lower that guard.

But if you keep it up forever, they'll eventually get tired of it and move on to something else.

It's not going to be easy.

It's uncomfortable and scary.

But be vulnerable.

You deserve to be.

You never know what new opportunities it can bring.

That my friend, is the most rewarding courage.


Until next time...

No comments: