Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Swing. And. A. Miss


You see that picture? That's me, except I'm the girl version of that. Yep, swing, and a miss! Talk about taking a knife and stabbing it right into my pride. I know I said this blog wasn't going to be about me and my life but you know there are things that happen and sometimes you just have to laugh, and talk about them. This is one of those times. I mean, who misses the ball in slow pitch softball? The ball is coming underhanded and like literally 3 miles an hour. WTF? 

Anywho, I struck out swinging. What seemed to be the most perfect pitch ever, and I was in-visioning where it was going to land on the field, and I swung and completely missed. Again, W.T.F?! The moral of this is to remind you not to take your eye off the ball. (The fundamentals of baseball 101). The result is and will always be to leave you with the feeling of a complete moron. 

We all got a good laugh. I was even laughing at myself. Except everyone else wasn't laughing with me, it was definitely at me. Bleh. 

At least we still won, and at least I wasn't the game winning batter or anything. But I was the last out. Dammit. 

Until next time. 

No comments: