Friday, May 5, 2017

She Turned Her Can'ts Into Cans

Part of being a writer is stepping out of your comfort zone.

Sometimes it's being completely vulnerable.

Sometimes it's doing something you never thought you would do.

While all I can think about is my book and how getting it done in 2017 is (not my only) but my MAIN goal, I knew I needed to do something different.

Something still me, but different.

I always talk about moving to Austin one day.

Where I grew up and where I live today it's very conservative, while Austin is wayyyy more liberal

That's not what I see when I think about Austin.

I see a variety of places to eat.

Places to go have a drink and there's live music.

Here you have to pick certain nights and maybe you'll get lucky.

BUT, for some reason I can never make that move.

To be honest, right now in my life I have NOTHING and I mean NOTHING holding me back from getting up and moving to a totally different city.

I have a little family here and of course amazing friends but they'll support me in anything that I do.

For some reason, that easy access to a dirt road keeps me here.

While living in BCS can be "city" for most college kids who come here from out of town, this place was 'Country When Country Wasn't Cool.'

The first people I met from this town 17 years ago were from Kurten, TX and drove 90's Chevy half tons with mud grip tires on them.

Hell, some of the people I still hang out with have those same trucks.

So to me this place is far from city life.

There's plenty of back roads that'll bring you back to life after having one of those not so good very bad days.

Just turn on some old country song and I can guarantee you after some beers, and getting into your feelings... everything in life will make sense and you'll be back to normal.

ANYWAY, after getting off track like some writers tend to do(myself), I decided I needed to do something different.

I wanted to find a different image of myself.

Take the girl out of the country....

So I contacted (one) my sister's best friends who has also become one of my good friends as well and got these pictures done.

They're more than I could have imagined.

I feel like I could really see myself and my dreams standing next to these graffiti walls which carry other people's dreams as well.

My blogging has gotten a lot of people talking.

I speak my mind and write about it.

It's a damn good feeling when people tell me "keep doing what you're doing" and that they love my writing.

Some can be something that directly reflects me or some comes from people I know and change it into my own words.

With that being said..... as you all know I have been writing my book as well as working on my writing by blogging as well.

I've been offered to blog for some people which I have done in the past and gotten small rewards out of it but now I have been offered money for my blogs in which I am writing.

I am super excited to continue this journey I am on.

I need you guys for more ideas and topics.

I mean trust me, I have a lot to talk about, but I can listen to your ideas to. :)


Thanks for all the support from my readers and followers....


Until next time....

(P.S.).... I may or may not be dropping a sneak peak from the book. Unedited and raw but still sooo worth it. 

No comments: