Monday, April 7, 2014

The IRS should stand for It's Really Stupid

WHY DOES THE IRS HAVE TO BE SUCH ASSHOLES???!!!!!

I called the IRS this morning to make a payment, first I listen to the awful automated system, I enter all of the info it tells me and then I chose my option, (which was) "to pay the bill in full." Then it tells me, due to a high call volume they cannot assist me and that I should call back another time or on the next business day.

Uhm, NO!

First off, don't trick me into choosing that option if you're not even going to help me, then when you tell me you cannot assist me, I call BULL-SHIT!

If I was an idiot and believed that, I would walk away letting you get away with not handling my call, but then when I call back in a few days, you jerks would say I have late fees, or that my payment will not be received on time then there will be late fees, whichever, you will try and pin it back on me yet when I called your automated system says it cannot help me due to high call volume.

I understand that the deadline to file taxes is a week away, but, if your call volume is so high I suggest you get more people to answer the phones during the busier times. DUH!

But, it's a good thing I am smart and decide to call back and choose another option that I feel will get me through. And it does. NOT LIKE IT HELPED ANYWAY!!!

I answer all of the questions the (RUDE) lady asked me, then when she asked who I was I tell her my name.

"Ma,am you are not the person who is associated with this social security number."

WELL NO SHIT! The person on the account is a male and I'm not a male, AM I?

I didn't say that, but I wanted to.

Anyway, the convo goes like this:
Me: "No ma'am, I am not."
The (RUDE) lady: "Well, who is it then?"
Me: My Boyfriend(At this time I am thinking, freaking boyfriend should be my husband, then I would be able to talk to whoever the hell I wanted being his wife and all, but LET'S NOT GET ON THAT SUBJECT!)
The (RUDE) lady: Well, is he not available?
Me: Nope.(Hence, why I am calling and he is not,  duh)... AGAIN, I did not say that, but I wanted to.
The (RUDE) lady: Well he needs to be available to talk to me.

I respond with "Ugh, okay. Bye" and just hang up.

Okay here's the deal...

Yes, it was rude of me to just be like "Ugh, okay" and then hang up. But, two wrongs make a right, right? I needed to be rude because the whole time I wasn't rude, and she was and I wanted to say so much more but I didn't.

Look lady, my boyfriend works, outside, hot or cold... he doesn't have time to call and deal with you rude people. I work at a desk, where a phone happens to be something I am on all day so calling you isn't a big deal, especially when I am able to answer all of the questions correctly. I get you people worry about fraud and blah, blah, blah, but LOOK, it isn't like I am calling about a tax return, I am calling about making a PAYMENT to you people. You'd think you'd be more willing to take my money and help me out.

I am now aware of a few more things,

1. The IRS is stupid. JUST. PLAIN. STUPID.

2. Customer service is NOT meant for everyone, and that lady on the other line is lucky that I didn't write her tax id number down because I'd report her rude self to her boss in a heartbeat.

3. I'm annoyed at the fact that that rude lady has a job when there are actually people out there who WANT to work and who I am pretty certain would be so much nicer than she is, however, she is the one answering the phone and we just have to suck it up and deal with it.

4. It's a good thing they don't let me run things, I'd whip all of these people in to shape. The attitude adjustments would be FIRST ON MY LIST.


WHO IS HER BOSS?

BARACK?

Someone get me his phone number!

No comments: