Monday, April 28, 2014

Raging Idiots Concert: The best night of my life.


My first Raging Idiots concert was a complete success(Until I met Bobby). The band consists of National Country Radio DJ Bobby Bones and his Producer Eddie. If you're lucky depending on where they're going, they'll bring along some guests.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the band, they don't make any profit from any of their shows, it is all donated towards a charity of their choice.


After witnessing that we were apart of a $22,000 donation to a pet shelter I realized that may have been the best $20 I could've ever spent.


Not only does it make you feel good to be apart of a making a difference in other lives but you get to enjoy some good music and lot's of laughter. I mean what more can you ask for?


So, while I am there I wish it was my birthday and that I was the one being called on stage like this lucky woman but it was amazing to see him sing to her.



If you're wondering why the night was awesome until I met Bobby, here's why!

I've been listening to his show for about a year and a half now. The first time I heard him I was completely hooked. I was heartbroken when they said they were going off the air for 2 weeks when they decided to make the move to Nashville. I've wanted to call in to the show so many times but kept saying that I will just wait, one day I'll get to talk to them.

When I heard the Raging Idiots were coming to Austin I was ecstatic. I knew that I needed to go meet them. I tweet them from time to time but I doubt they remember who I am. I know they all tweet so many people on a day to day basis.

So in the weeks leading up to the show I kept wondering who will come with them. Besides Cruz, and their guest performers Maggie Rose and Intern Kiano, would Amy, and Lunchbox come?

The day finally comes and we are headed from College Station to Austin to this concert. My boyfriend doesn't listen to the show unless he hears me listening to it but he never just turns it on. So keep in mind he wasn't too thrilled I was dragging him to the show. Normally I would've asked my girlfriends to take a roadtrip with me but I knew they already had plans that weekend. So Blake had to take one for the team and do something he really didn't want to do.

But, it worked out perfect because Graham Central Station is literally like 5 miles from his dad and step-mom's house.

We get to Graham Central Station right at 9:30 and I'm freaking out thinking they've already started and we walk through the door and I can hear them announcing the Raging Idiots. So, I grab my boyfriends arm and drag him towards the stage.

We get some drinks and I'm standing there saying " I can't believe I am here! I can't believe I am seeing Bobby Bones singing LIVE!" My boyfriend just keeps laughing and I can see him loosening up because of course the Raging Idiots are playing some great songs.

Anyway, the concert goes on. It's the best experiencing of my life. I'm standing there singing, laughing, taking pictures, videos and just seriously not believing that I am there witnessing Bobby Bones, my favorite radio DJ ever!!!

When the concert is over they decide to let everyone go get pictures and autographs in the room next door. As the swarm of ants(I mean people) head over, we decide to just get some drinks and hang out until that chaos of a line goes down.

My boyfriends smokes so he asks if we can go outside to smoke. We head out over to the little smoking area designated in the back of the country bar. We are back there for just a bit and right when we walk back in THERE GOES BOBBY BONES!
CRAP!
That was my time to grab him, ask for a selfie, and you know... just be a crazy fan of his.

So, since I missed my chance we go back inside the bar, grab a seat and just talk while enjoying our drinks(and people watching of course).

We wait for about an hour and decide to get into the line to take pictures because it has died down drastically.

As we are getting closer I keep telling myself, I am going to tell Bobby this, and that and ask Cruz for a selfie and give Bobby the chicken wing instead of a handshake and so on!

We get right to the bottom of the steps and there's two girls in front of me who are taking selfies and pictures of Bobby and trying to get a picture of them with Bobby in the background. The cop standing next to us tells them No pictures and that we can only take the picture that KASE 101 is taking of everyone.

WELL CRAP!

There goes my selfie!

We get up there and I'm eyeing Cruz. Mainly because I told him he was cute on twitter recently and I can't help but wonder if he recognizes me. AWKKWARDDDDD! LOL

I walk up to Bobby and I'm so excited to tell him so many things and the only thing that comes out of my mouth was a simple HI!. That's it. Just HI!

They take our picture and I hand my paper to Eddie and tell him and Maggie how awesome they are. Kiano say's thank you for coming, and still all I've said were TWO FREAKING THINGS!
WHAT. THE. CRAP!

My boyfriend had said hello and introduced himself to everyone, shook hands and so forth and here I was one of their biggest fans of the show and all I could manage was a Hi.

So needless to say meeting Bobby Bones was everything I could've imagined and more(Just wish I could've said more than 5 words). Eddie was super cool too. Maggie was just as beautiful in person than online and I still can't believe that I got to hear her sing!

I was sad that I didn't get to meet Amy, Lunchbox, Nada, Phone girl Sydney and Ray... but I am still hoping to make it out to Nashville one day to visit the show.

These people are not only real about what they say, the things they believe in but also what they are apart of and so forth. They are the perfect role models for others! I'm so glad that I found the Bobby Bones show. My mornings definitely wouldn't be the same







No comments: