Sunday, November 18, 2018

Let Him Go And Move On

"One of the most courageous decisions you'll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul." -Bridgitt Nicole





Letting go is hard.

Moving on is tricky. 

Sometimes we are forced to let go of friends, a loved one, and sometimes even family. 

So easy, right? 

We’ve all been through it at some point.

But when we have to let go do we really move on?

Some of us, yes. Some, no. 

You might go out with some friends. 

Or go on a random road trip to somewhere you have never been.

The hardest thing I've ever had to go of was what could have been.

You see, I never saw myself falling in love with him.

I never once thought I'd had feelings like I did.

It just happened.

But the day came that I realized he may have been what I wanted, but he sure as hell wasn't what I needed.

He showed me that.

If I had needed him, he wouldn't have left my side.

If I had needed him, God would've never let him leave me.

No, I just wanted him.

And with that, brought thinking that I needed him.

There were signs from the very first day.

Red flags if you will.

But I ignored them.

Like I always do.

It was easy and fun.

He made me smile.

He made me forget what it was like to hurt like I had before.

But not much longer came the sadness.

The trust issues.

The small but very apparent lies.

The reasons I should just run away.

Yet, I didn't.

I stayed.

Giving him all of the power to hurt me.

Letting him think he could get away with it.

Letting him get comfortable enough to find something better and leave me high and dry.

I kept asking myself, what is wrong with me.

What did I do?

What could I have done better?

But then I told myself, it isn’t you sister. 

It’s him. 

He never wanted you in the first place.

It was a game to him.

The thrill of accomplishing yet another woman he thought he couldn't have.

But then I realized...

Why in the hell, would would you want anyone, who doesn’t want you back.







Until next time.


No comments: