Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Only New Year Resolution You Should Have Made

Tomorrow is January 15th.

Halfway through the month of a brand new year. 

Looking back on 2017 it was a tough year for many of us. 

A while back I wrote this blog about people who start talking about doing this or that for the new year. 

I even see lists go up on people’s status’ and it gets rather annoying seeing the people I know taking about this change or that change when in just a few weeks they’re still the same old person they’ve always been, no new goals, no new change.

But I made one resolution and it’s the best one I could’ve ever made.

For 2018 I promised myself that ANYTHING or ANYONE that brought me unhappiness, sadness, ruined my day, put a damper on plans, or simply was a burden to my life... your ass got left in 2017! 

That goes for people, places, jobs, things whatever in the heck has come into my life that simply didn’t make sense, pissed me off, played with my emotions, screwed me over or plain was such a sucky thing.... you’re gone. 

I made a social media cleanse of people I know don’t care to ever speak to me in person but sure do love following my whereabouts. I deleted numbers in my phone and even blocked a name or two. 

Because while I was heartbroken over people, places and things that brought my unhappiness... I got told something one day that hit me really hard. A friend told me to let people go. Let them go! Because God is talking you to places that they no longer belong in your life and when those people start coming back around he wants you to know you’re better off because he’s already shown you who they are! 

So I’m inviting you now that if you haven’t made a new year resolution or if maybe your year hasn’t started off the way you wanted... make the cleanse. Make 2018 only be about people and places that bring you nothing but happiness. 

Because you deserve it. 


Until next time...






No comments: